Review: Is Miiskin Right For Me?
Looking for an app to assist you with your regular skin checks? Read on to learn if Miiskin could be suitable for you.
Should I use Miiskin?
- Miiskin is for you if you need to be extra aware of any changes to your skin. Maybe due to your skin type or a personal/family predisposition to skin complications.
- You may also just want to be proactive about your health and become more aware of how your skin looks like.
- Miiskin helps you keep track of skin changes and visualise hard to see areas, such as your back, but it does not diagnose skin cancer and is not a substitute for a visit to your doctor.
- Many are using the app because their doctor recommended it for them to document changes to their skin and moles over time. This could be after a medical consultation or in-between consultations.
When should I visit my doctor?
- Always contact your healthcare provider without delay about a mole that is changing, looks very different from your other moles, or a new mark or mole that appears on your skin if you are over 35 years of age.
- Monitoring your skin with your phone should not replace any medically recommended preventive skin checks or a medical consultation.
- Your doctor will tell you if it is recommended that you monitor your skin and which moles you should keep an eye on.
If in doubt, go get it checked out. It’s always a good idea to let your doctor know that you are using the Miiskin app.
Looking to learn more about skin cancer?
Read our educational articles on skin cancer and melanoma.